Candidates may be considered for admission to this programme, if they meet the General Admission Requirements of the Polytechnic of Namibia (GI2.1 in Part 1 of the Yearbook), and comply with the additional requirements below:
• a minimum D symbol in English as a Second Language at NSSC Ordinary Level or a 4 on Higher Level;
• minimum D symbols in Mathematics and Biology, or Physical Science, at NSSC Ordinary Level or 4 on Higher Level.
Mature age candidates will be considered provided they meet the requirements and pass the mature age entrance examinations of the Polytechnic of Namibia (GI2.2 in Part 1 of the Yearbook). Students are required to obtain a minimum final score of at least 60% in the language proficiency test and 50% in the mathematics proficiency test.
The final selection of candidates to this programme shall follow a three step process as follows:
- Applicants, who meet or surpass the minimum admission requirements, as stated above, will be shortlisted based on academic merit. Such candidates shall receive an invitation and information package for the selection assessments of the second stage.
- Candidates are to be assessed in terms of their physical, medical fitness/abilities and phobias, and will be required to do a short written test as well. Based on the outcome of these assessments, a final shortlist shall be compiled and those candidates will be invited to participate in a selection interview (Stage Three).
- Candidates shall undergo an interview by the programme staff after which the final selection for admission shall be made. The results of the Selection Committee are final and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into. If the final Grade 12 results of candidates, who were selected provisionally, do not meet the minimum requirements, then admission to the programme will be withheld.
Holders of the National Higher Certificate in Emergency Medical Care may be considered for admission to this programme provided they are registered with the Health Professions Council of Namibia as Emergency Care Technicians. These candidates, if admitted, will be granted credits on a course by course basis.